- Use the Quick Select tool to select her leg (it’ll be on the left side of your screen)
- Then click (on your keyboard) CTRL+J to move her leg into its own layer.
- Make a copy of the background layer (your bottom layer) and drag it above the leg layer.
- Group your layers by clicking CTRL+G.
- On the top layer, click CTRL+T (transform) and pull the right side of your photo with your mouse to the left side. This will create a mirror image…just use your arrow keys to push it back into place (to fit in line with the rest of the photo). This might be the trickiest step, but practice and it should come together.
- Click CTRL+SHIFT+E to merge the layers.
- Finally, create a new layer (CTRL+J will also make a copy of any layer) to heal the line from the merge using the Healing Tool which looks like a band-aid (again – left tool bar on your screen).
Beyond the leg removal (in case you’re interested – my workflow has changed since this edit, but it’s worth noting)…
- I used Coffeeshop’s Baby Powder Room Photoshop action in low opacities to even out his skin tone, lighten the shadows and remove the bug bites from his legs. If I had to redo this edit today, I would probably use Coffeeshop’s Perfect Portrait 3 Photoshop action since it makes the process I used with Baby Power Room so seamless.
- I then used Morgan Kervin’s Eye Love Sparkle action on his eyes. He has such beautiful baby blues that I wanted them to stand out. If you use this action, just be sure to lower the opacity of your brush to 20-30% so it doesn’t add too much sharpen.
- After that I used Pioneer Woman’s Fresh Color action to brighten up my background. I lowered the soft light layer to 40% and removed a bit of it from his face.
- On top of that, I used Everyday Actions Florida action, using sunlight and creamy glow (in addition to their default settings – removing some of the layers from his face).
- Finally, I applied a median layer (go to Filter>Noise – applied manually using a layer mask) to reduce any noise.
I hope I didn’t lose anyone in the process of explaining my steps…if I did, I am sincerely sorry. Here’s the before and after:
Mira’s note: The current giveaway closes Thursday morning. To make sure you don’t miss out, click here!
Thanks Mira for having me. Have a great day!