I can’t believe 2012 is almost over but to celebrate 12 months of memorable moments I’ve rounded up a selection of my favorite things to share with you. While this year has been pretty eventful for me, selecting five favorite things in different categories has actually been pretty easy. So, let’s get started!
- Creative Live Three Day Wedding Workshop Weekend with Zach and Jody Gray.
- Creative Live Three Day Workshop Glamour Photography with Sue Bryce
- Creative Live Three Day Workshop The Boudoir Workshop with Christa Meola
- Creative Live Three Day Workshop Photography Brand Makeover with Sarah Petty and Erin Verbeck
1. Nikon D800 - I started shooting with D800 in the summer of 2012 and fell in love with it. Although it took some time to adjust to its size and weight, I can not imagine using a different camera now. Its ISO capabilities and low light performance amaze me each time I use it. The big file size did me a favor by forcing me to edit even harder to keep files organized and only the best ones. No more clutter on my hard drives.
2. Nikon 105mm f/2 DC - this lens is a bokeh king and I absolutely love it! I first used it on D5000 and D7000 but after I got D800, it’s basically glued to D800. I am planning on writing more about this lens so more about it some other time.
3. Huile Prodigieuse® is dry oil containing six different oils and it’s the best thing I’ve even done for my skin and hair. I’ve used it for a month now and I am not planning to ever stop using it. A drop goes long way and I love it!
4. Cappuccino. Well, cappuccino actually gathers several things I enjoyed this year and cannot imagine a day without: espresso, my favorite coffee that brings a taste of Italy and home and my husband’s and mine daily coffee rituals. So, cannot go without coffee on this list.
5. Jo. Now, the fifth favorite thing in 2012 is absolutely the one I enjoyed the most this year and it’s actually not a thing at all. It’s Jo. Jo is our dog; we got her this year but it feels like she’s been part of this family forever. She’s cute and smart. She’s intelligent and learning tricks and commands easily, she’s sometimes feisty and always frisky as any other Jack Russell is but we wouldn’t want it any other way. Jo keeps us smiling and laughing all day long.