Hello friends! Today I have something special for you! It’s not my photography, it’s not my tips… it’s something way better! Some of you probably know that I am hooked to photography workshops at CreativeLive.com. There is a 4-day product workshop coming up and it starts today at 1pm PT! I am expecting today’s workshop Tabletop Product Photography with Don Ginnatti to cover many elements you need for quality food photography. Don Ginnatti also has a great website full of very useful articles you could explore. Anyway, although this will be a product and still life workshop, Don will show so many things that you could use when shooting food starting with tabletop products, lighting, DIY stuff, tools…
These are Don’s goals for this workshop:
- to get people excited about the incredible world of still life and product photography.
- to teach well enough that most of you will be able to begin to work on a still life/product component of your current portfolio
- to instill confidence that this can be done – without a ton of expensive tools and gear
- to show how there are markets for this work… from retail to manufacturing, editorial to advertising… and many of them are in your backyard!
- to open your eyes to what can be done in a very small space. Source
Don Giannatti who carries the title of one of the best photography teachers is confident that ” EVERYONE can learn something from doing still life and product”. Here are some of the photos people took during Don’s product and still life workshops in the past…
The workshop price is $149 but if you watch it live…. it’s FREE! Of course, if you pre-order the workshop before the 4-day course is over, you can get it for $99. Since I’ve seen so many CreativeLive.com workshops, I can tell you that these workshops are AMAZING and if you decide to purchase a workshop or two they are definitely worth every penny. However, you can do what I did to save your pennies… watch it live. I love watching these workshops live because you get an opportunity to join their live chat and post your questions for the photographer and win some awesome prizes! CreativeLive also usually allows those who enrolled to re-watch the previous day for free in case they missed something or just want to watch it again.
So, what are you waiting, go enroll to watch it for free and then come back here and link you food photos! Or you can link up your photos and then go to enroll…. Have a great Photography Thursday everyone!
It’s Time to Join Food Photography Challenge!
Please, feel welcome to link your food and beverages shots to Food Photography. The rules are simple:
1. Make your photograph about food or beverages.
2. Tell us about that photograph: share a photo tip, recipe, or a story behind it.
3. Submit the URL to your food photo post or a specific Flickr image, NOT your home page or album URL.
4. Please, include a link back to my blog in your post or Flickr image description. You can grab the button below or use a text link. Note: Linked photos without the backlink will be removed.
5. Visit bloggers on your left and your right and leave some comment love.